Saturday, February 4, 2012

Nursery Planning

I started following baby blogs long before I was pregnant (I'm sure I'm not the only one...). I figured once I officially knew I would need a nursery I'd be way ahead on things and know exactly what I wanted. Yeah right. I should have known myself better than that!

Anyway - Pinterest has helped quite a bit and I've found some great inspiration nurseries that have helped in my decision making :) Here are a few (of many) examples.

Love this one - a new one from Apartment Therapy....




So serene. From Project Nursery.




So cute for a small space. I need to go a bit more gender neutral with not so much pink but love it still. From Ohdeedoh.




Simple, clean lines. From Ohdeedoh. I have considered buying this crib too....it's from WalMart - can you believe it?




Great one. From Ohdeedoh.




Some things I noticed when I was pinning...

- Most of the walls were gray (or another light color)
- All cribs were white and had simple clean lines
- Most had a fairly neutral rug
- Color was brought in through accents like fabric and art

I decided to paint the walls gray - picking a shade of gray will take another post. I'm still trying to make a final decision. I have also done hours of research on white cribs that aren't outrageously expensive...again another post!

Now I do realize the baby isn't going to appreciate this nursery and could care less what its room looks like. This is all for me (and Matt and other visitors who might appreciate it). I can't help but want it to look perfect...maybe that's a negative aspect to baby blog reading and Pinterest. At any rate - it's getting closer!

xo!

1 comment:

  1. What beautiful rooms they are !! Can't wait to see yours come together for Baby T. And you are right .....it's more for the parents initially but after a while the baby will see and know everything you have done and delight in his/her special place! Leave room for Will's bed in there...she'll be keeping you both company in the middle of the night. xoxoxox

    ReplyDelete