Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Biking

Matt and I took our first road biking adventure last night. I put on my biking outfit - check it out...



Don't worry, I wore a helmet too but didn't have it on yet. I need to invest in some shoes but don't feel like spending the money on them at this point.

We rode 13.1 miles and it was great! I was SLOW - road biking is harder than it looks! At the beginning of the ride, Matt told me he'd like to set a "beginner" pace of 18 mph. We were going 10 mph and I was already tired. Oh my. I tried my hardest but lagged behind most of the ride. He told me part of the reason I was slower than him was because I did too much sightseeing - we rode by all these beautiful lake views so how could I help myself?!

I spent a lot of the ride trying to figure out how to change the gears and feeling thankful that I bought padded biking pants. That bike seat is narrow and HARD! My arms were sore afterwards (something I didn't expect) but not my butt :)

On another note, the Jazz Festival is going on downtown this week and we're headed down there tonight! Should be exciting...

1 comment:

  1. gurlllllllllllll!! look at you in that biking outfit!! i'm impressed:) it's much more hip than i was expecting it to be! xoxo

    ReplyDelete