Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Jackson...Part 1

Before I post about the big event, I'm going to fill you in on everything else we were up to for our 5 days in Jackson. We were so lucky to have such a great excuse to go back to such an amazing place where there's so much fun stuff to do :)

To begin, here's a picture of the sweet ride they rented us for the weekend.



The first thing I did was hop into the mom-mobile and drive out to my favorite views of....

The Tetons



And the Sleeping Indian....see him laying down on his back?



Then we did some real western style shopping with Matt's parents.



The next night, I attended a bridal shower where our instructions were to wear white...like my outfit? Meg approved it ahead of time.



It was great for all of us visitors to meet the bridesmaids - and of course to spend some time with the bride!



We played a game where Samantha had to prove how well she knew Hadyn - she answered about 80% of the questions right! I think that means she knows him pretty well - I don't think I could have gotten that many right and I've known Matt about 11 years now...



Afterwards we all met up at the Million Dollar Cowboy Bar.





On Saturday, we went hiking in Grand Teton National Park. My hiking companions wanted an easier hike with pretty views so I chose to hike around Jenny Lake up to Hidden Falls and Inspiration Point. If you ever head to Wyoming, it's a good one! Please forgive the iphone photos - I left my camera at the house!











All the wedding guests were pretty lucky when it came to animal spotting. A few people saw bears (of course not me, something about me is a bear repellent and I only saw a few during the 2 years we lived there).



However, we did see a moose on our drive home from hiking - Maybe Kate is good luck!



Isn't she pretty? We also saw a male on our way up to the wedding but I didn't manage to get a picture of that one.

You might be wondering where Matt was this whole time? He isn't in many of these pictures yet due to his illness. Poor thing had a rough sinus infection/cold/virus (who knows!) the first few days that left him miserable. At least he felt better by the wedding and rehearsal dinner!

Fast forward to the day after the wedding....

We also had the chance to eat at one of my favorite places that's only open in the summer - Dornans! It's located in Moose, Wyoming and has the most gorgeous view. See?







Check out what we saw the day before we left - that's right - it was a cattle drive that held up quite a bit of traffic. Only in Wyoming!





It took us 3 flights and over 12 hours of travel time to get back to Vermont but it was well worth it! Matt was so sad to leave that on the way home he wore his best man gift and was able to bring a little Wyoming back with him :)



Rehearsal dinner pics coming up soon...

1 comment:

  1. I think it's a GREAT thing that you're bear repellent! haha! and i can't believe the cattle drive! only in WY! xoxo

    ReplyDelete