I hope you had a good weekend. Ours was rainy and cool - a contrast I know to those of you in the south! We were pretty low key but did manage to get out for a short hike and bike ride (both partially in the rain - if you live in VT you have to embrace it I guess) and to dinner with some friends.
I know I promised a garden update - it's coming soon! I need to get some better pics first. First - back to the house. They made a lot more progress this past week than during the week 4 debacle so here are some pics of that.
The new stain went down. It's mostly covered by pink paper so I'll just show you this small sample. It is darker than I expected, but I like it!
We did not at all try to match what is upstairs because you won't see it when you are downstairs, but I don't think they look all that bad together.
They started putting down baseboard and interior window trim. I hadn't thought much about this and didn't pick the trim. I let our builder pick and he tends to choose very simple things (which really are more within our budget). I was going to ask him to do something with a little more heft around the windows, but forgot and now it's up. The good news is - I like it! I think our house needs more simple lines...it's not a traditional or ornate type of place. Plus the simple lines match our existing trim much better. Here they are.
Still a construction zone obviously....
Big things are happening in the kitchen. CABINETS!
Hooray! There is our corner lazy susan and future deep pot drawers and trashcan/recycling drawer...
The plumbers were here hooking the heat back up (they took the radiators out to do the floors) and they replaced one of our toilets. We bought an inexpensive one at Lowe's but it's SO MUCH BETTER than the last one - mostly because it actually flushes without leaking. Plus it fit perfectly and we aren't going to have to change out that lovely linoleum in the bathroom - sweet because that isn't in the budget right now.
Here's the new beauty. Will approves.
I never took a good pic of the old one, but you can catch a glimpse of its swirled lid and blue base in this pic.
Whew. Be back soon!
wowzers, wowzers. Can't wait to see it all in person! Love everything! xoxoxoxo
ReplyDelete