Saturday, January 26, 2013

Winter Fun

I'm writing this at 7:30pm on Saturday night. Our big trip out of the house today was to the Co-op to get sandwiches for lunch. I managed to rack up an $80 bill by going crazy in the bulk, produce, and natural beauty sections. Dang.

Anyway, the point of the story is that in this post I'm going to focus on the winter fun we had in early January. I'm hoping by posting about it that the snow and (relative) warmth will come back! Our week has been F.R.E.E.Z.I.N.G. As in, this was the temp on my way to work Thursday AM.


The highs have been in the single digits. Way too cold for a baby boy to be outside. Plus he has been sick the past few days with fever and just feeling yucky. We've been doing lots of playing inside. LOTS.

The cuteness. Even while sick.




Meanwhile, someone else doesn't seem to care that it's cold outside. Good thing Matt has a warm coat.


OK back to winter fun. Right after Christmas we had tons of snow, acceptable temps and sunshine! It was glorious. We made the most of it.

Grant had his first skin up Mt. Philo and ski down.





Much to Matt's dismay, he cried all the way down. I think he wasn't a big fan of the wind in his face :(

Grant also had his first cross country ski on the golf course.  He looks thrilled.




We did some more skiing at Stowe and Sugarbush :) Grant hung out in the lodge. It was tiring for him!




Aunt Meg visited Burlington too :)





We went snowshoeing down to the lake. Thanks to Amanda for the invite!



Grant started swimming lessons! (OK this is an indoor activity but still considered winter fun.) Cousin Jess is our teacher!




AND he did some naked eating. It's just more fun that way :)



Whew. All caught up. Happy Saturday!

xo

3 comments:

  1. That little boy is so stinking cute!! And I love how you and Meg have all matching clothes :)

    Miss you all!!

    xo
    Lizzie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love all the pictures! Sweet little Woz:) love you!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I will assume responsibility for the matching outfits...ug...sorry. Goes back to a habit I got into about 28 years ago with two little girls ! Brrrr ..... but great pics and precious little snow boy getting so big! xoxox mom

    ReplyDelete