Sunday, March 25, 2012

Baby Bump Weeks 22-24

It's getting bigger! I've had multiple people (those whose classroom I'm in several times per week too) tell me they had no clue I was pregnant until now! I guess I've just been feeling bigger than I am all this time - or perhaps they were too nice to ask in case I was just getting large :)



Some thoughts on pregnancy these days....

- I love the baby bump! It's exciting that it's obvious enough for people to ask. I love striking up conversations with random moms (young and old) all over the place and hearing their advice :) Some people don't love that type of thing but I think it's great.

- Baby movements are amazing. They occur frequently now and I can't help but smile as I sit in meetings, work with kids, watch TV and feel them. It's funny to see them from the outside now too.

- Prenatal yoga - MUST. DO. I feel so much better after yoga. If I have to skip a week I can tell. Love it.

- Willpower - Out the window. Maybe I'm using pregnancy as an excuse? I have no will to say no to chocolate, ice cream, peeps (awful I know), coffee yogurt!

- Weight gain - This one is not a surprise. I was expecting to gain weight, but I was not prepared for the spreading out of areas such as the hips, etc. People also don't tell you that you gain weight in all the places you would usually gain first and it does make you feel just big, not pregnant. I've found that slows down as the weeks go on and weight goes into the belly where you would rather it be :)

- Maternity Clothes - Buy and wear them early. I felt like a new woman the day I put on my maternity pants and stopped trying to squeeze my spreading hips into my old jeans plus a bella band.

- Maternity Workout Clothes - Don't exist. Just putting it out there. Someone should start a business....they would make a fortune. So far I'm lucky that my t-shirts and yoga pants still fit me. I bought one base layer top from Mountain-Mama.com and love it.

- Skin - Oh my poor skin. I'm just going share it all so those of you that wonder can be prepared. Not everyone gets the beautiful pregnancy glow. For me, pregnancy has brought on the acne and there's not a dang thing I can do about it. No face wash has worked (the dermatologist told me I could use a mild salicylic acid but I'm not willing to risk it since lots of other people have told me to avoid it) and you're not allowed to use pretty much anything else in the form of lotions or potions. Sun helps. However, sun also causes melasma. If you haven't heard of it...google it. I've always struggled but sun brings that on. Luckily it has been winter and most of my acne struggles are on my back so they can be covered up. I feel fortunate I had this issue out of all that could be though, nausea for 10 months would be harder to deal with I know.

- Exercise - I'm still running and hiking and feel so much better when I do! My pace has slowed. Think the speed of a turtle. Maybe snail. Poor Willow isn't sure whether she should walk or run but she manages to make it work :) Afterwards, I feel like I ran 10 miles when I only did 3! Ha. I'm happy so long as I'm out there and the warm weather recently has been really helping my cause!

Well congrats if you're still reading. Hope it's not TMI but figure I should keep it real. I know I never post pics of the belly unless they're the weekly staged ones, so here is one I sent to Meg recently before I went to dinner. Excuse the closet shot. I have my mom to thank for the cute shirt - it's actually not even maternity :)



xo!

5 comments:

  1. Love it! You look great and so stylish. Enjoy this second trimester - the best part of pregnancy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You look so good!!!! So beautiful and happy:) you're taking good care of that baby, peeps, ice cream, and all! Love you so much little momma!! Xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. You look great!! Loving the pitcures Chels!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well look at you sweet momma !!! I am thinking boy....no...girl....no.... boy...no.... girl....hmmmm.....I have NO IDEA !!!!! And I'm YOUR mom!! xoxoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am so excited for you & Matt! I talked with your mom yesterday and sounds like you guys are doing well. Love the blog and pictures! Take care!

    ReplyDelete