I wanted a white, low profile crib with clean lines. Pretty modern but nothing clear or futuristic looking. I wanted all four rails to be the same height. No particular reason - just like the look. I wanted it to be made of solid wood and have a nontoxic finish. I didn't want the white to look plasticky like a lot I saw when I started browsing around local stores here.
This crib by Oeuf fit all my criteria. Except that it costs $730. Sadly I just don't want to spend over $700 for a crib considering all the other things we need to buy. Out it went.
After many google searches, I landed on this post on none other than one of my favorite blogs Young House Love! They pretty much described down to the last detail what I wanted out of a crib. It was perfect - they did all the research for me!
Check out the crib in their daughter's room. Cute right?
I looked online and couldn't believe it when I saw that it came from Walmart. AND it cost $269. Too good to be true! I read many of the reviews and about 99% were positive. I bought it - they delivered it for free to our local store and Matt and I picked it up about a week later!
It sat in the future nursery like this for about a month until I finally asked Matt to put it together with me.
Ah. The joy of assembling furniture. No wonder Matt wanted to put it off.
Luckily, there were good directions and none of the pieces arrived scratched or dented.
Of course the future big sister was quite curious :)
Matt did most of the heavy lifting while I read the directions....
And positioned myself so that I could watch the ACC tournament.
It wasn't as difficult as we thought :)
Until we got to the drawer. I lost patience so Matt took over and it all turned out fine. Good thing it was a team effort.
I sat with Will and watched the last part come together. Excuse the pyjama pants but noodle was too cute not to share.
I was super pumped to get a JumpOnIt deal through my email (the local radio station hosts them) for 50% off to our local mattress store. I called and asked if they carried organic mattresses and they did. I ended up going with a mattress by Natura - it's not completely organic but made of all the same ingredients (latex, coconut fibers, etc.) and not certified. I'm not sure I buy that it's as good but figured it was good enough.
Complete!
I'm not sure if we'll keep the drawer in there as I want my crib skirt to touch the ground, but hopefully it will just go right over top of it. Another project completed!
xo!


Love it!!! Didn't know you got a deal on the mattress too! How awesome! I think it's "organic" enough! Can't wait to pick baby T up out of that crib in just a few months! Agh! :) and way to go Daddy-to-be on the assembly! Xoxoxo
ReplyDelete