Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Life of Leisure

When we decided we were going to move last November (I mean REALLY, FOR SURE decided...after talking about it for months), I wondered how we could possibly get it all done by this spring. I found out in January that my first day at work would be March 25 and was even more worried. Although we did have many of the pieces in place, I felt like we had SO much left to do. February rolled around and I began to panic. I got down to work on that to-list and Matt scaled things back at his job and we began our frantic planning, packing, etc.

One day, we woke up and realized we didn't have many tasks left to check off. For the last month, Matt hasn't been working much and I packed maybe a box or 2 a day. We slept until 9, drank coffee, and watched TV. We took Willow to the river or the park. Oh, and left the house for showings. It felt like we were on vacation, only at home. I guess if you want a legitimate reason to live the life of leisure, decide to move and quit your job about a month ahead. I'll be honest, it can get boring when all your friends are working and you're trying to find things to do. Our new idea of excitement was looking out the window and catching someone taking a flyer from our "info tube." I'm not complaining. I tried to enjoy it, because I knew it wouldn't last forever. (For us at least. Willow's daily activities haven't changed much. See below.)



This week, things are different. The moving truck and the movers are coming Friday and we have to be ready. Now that the open houses and showings are over, we need to dismantle the rest of the house. I guess it hasn't felt real yet because my house was still put together. Now my rooms have changed from this:



To this:



It's finally starting to feel like we aren't going to live here much longer.

2 comments:

  1. Your guest room looks so SAD :( Not much longer!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's going to be ok. Your new destination will be quiet an adventure. This is the hard part. Hang in there!

    ReplyDelete