In a little over a week, we will no longer be Virginia residents. It's a scary thought, especially the actual moving part. I'm not good with transitions and it seems like time has flown since we decided to pack up and leave Virginia for Vermont. People always ask why and I never have a good answer. Most of the time I reel off a number of statements that stop the questioning but don't really explain why. "We love the snow. We like to ski. We lived out West after college and fell in love with a more casual lifestyle. My mom is from the north and my parents have a house at the lake up there." Sometimes people press on and ask if we have friends that live there. "Nope, not yet." Then they look at us like we're crazy. I'm still not sure if we are or aren't!
I've been a faithful "blog stalker" for quite a while now. I'm the type that likes to read blogs written by other people, look at their pictures, and only comment when someone hosts a giveaway and I have the chance to win a free prize. I never thought I'd start my own blog. So then how did this happen? A few weeks ago, I linked over to check out the blog of a friend that I've been terrible about keeping in touch with. It was awesome to be able to catch up on her life! I emailed her and let her know how much I enjoyed reading her blog and she replied that I should start my own to keep family and friends updated on our move and our new life in Vermont. My first thought was, NAH, I only have about 5 people that would be interested in reading. I started thinking about how difficult it is to keep in touch from a distance and guess I changed my mind so, hello to all 5 of you! I can't promise to be as entertaining as Darby or have beautiful design inspired posts like Nest Egg, but maybe this will help us feel connected even when we're far apart!
No comments:
Post a Comment