
One reason we decided to move to Vermont vs. our other options in the West, such as Jackson Hole or Denver, was because it was an easier place for our family and friends to visit. It's a 12 hour drive (Wyoming took us 33). If you fly from DC, it only take about an hour and half to get here and considerably less $$.
It's a sad fact of air travel these days that you don't expect things to go well. Actually, I expect to be delayed and rarely believe that I will arrive on time. In our years of travel to Vermont, we've learned to avoid connecting anywhere in New York City during the summer and to opt for long layovers.
Since living here, we've flown home to Virginia twice and have had 2 sets of visitors fly up without a problem. I've been amazed at how easy things seemed! If we're keeping score, that's Travelers 4 - Airlines 0.
Until Thursday.
We had an amazing weekend planned with 2 of our best friends from Virginia - sunny, cooler weather perfect for boating, swimming, and relaxing. We've been looking forward to it for months! They were scheduled to fly out of DC and arrived to the airport with hours to spare, ready to board their late night flight to Vermont. We thought they'd be here by 10:35pm. We thought wrong. Thanks to a day of southern thunder storms their flight was cancelled! US Air was of course not helpful in re-booking and couldn't get them in until over 24 hours later...too late to make coming to Vermont much of a vacation. They received a refund instead (at least they did get this). I would blame things on US Air, but I think they all have this problem...as illustrated below.

The airlines finally lived up to our expectations and won this round. The score is now Travelers 4 - Airlines 1. The battle continues today as we expect Matt's parents around 3. Wish them luck flying the "friendly" skies!
fingers crossed that john and cyndee made it on time! I guess that 4 out of 5 so far isn't too too bad? And now Barrow and Elizabeth can hopefully find another weekend that'll be even better...:) xoxo
ReplyDelete