My mom came across the idea on another blog...you can find the full set of directions here.
As I mentioned, it looked easy. Find a Mason Jar with a metal lid. Drill a hole in the top. Place an old soap dispenser pump in the hole and seal it with epoxy. Fill the jar with soap.
I'm sorry that I didn't take pictures of the project in progress. It was a humorous one that included hammers, drills, a vice, many bottles of soap, and trips to several different stores! After all that plus a few other snags...who knew you had to buy a special hole driller AND drill "centerer" for making holes in metal?...we had a finished product!
Beautiful right? Here is my Mom's in it's new home at the lake.
Mine sits by my kitchen sink.
One other funny thing...we were out downtown one night and walked by a cute store on the way home. I've been wanting to check it out so I made everyone stop to browse in the windows. Guess what we saw? That's right - an identical soap dispenser!
I just had to know how much it cost so I went back the next day and checked the price....$23. After the process we went through, I'm not sure if it cost us more or less to do it ourselves! It was fun though, so that makes it worth it!
If I take a picture of mine, will you put it on the blog?! :) I LOVE mine...and am already putting it to great use. Thanks for all of the blood, sweat, and tears! Hehe. Xoxoxoxo
ReplyDeleteLooks great Chels!
ReplyDelete