Saturday we participated in a charity event called "Mission: Possible" to raise money and awareness for the United Way of Chittenden County. We had no idea what to expect, but ended up in a competition with 4 other teams riding all over Burlington by bike to participate in different challenges. We were so busy trying to win that I didn't have the chance to take many pictures. Here are the few I did get.
We started at the waterfront on an absolutely beautiful day!
The first challenge was to design your own T-shirt. Neither of us are artistic so we got off to a bad start. Would you pick either of these as a winning design?
Some other challenges included carrying 10 pizza boxes to the nearest Leonardos and folding them all, interviewing local non-profits, creating a tin foil sculpture (we made a skier and he won a prize!), hula hoops, and many more!
Matt participated in an optional event pictured below. BRRR! I think it was in the 60s that day and a little windy :)
His challenge was to paddle out and around a boat - here is another pic to show how far that was....
At the end of the day, prizes were given for all sorts of things (biggest fundraising, best T-shirt, etc). We won 2 prizes! The first was for our tin foil sculpture...a cookbook from a local VT magazine called EatingWell. I've already made a recipe out of it that I'll share at some point because it was delicious! We also won the overall best time of competition (YES) and the prize was 2 Burton jackets. They're awesome. Pictures to come :)
Sunday we drove to Waterbury to run in the Leaf Peepers 5k race with Jess! We had the option to do the half marathon but opted out...maybe next year.
It was a great course for a 5k. I think I'm going to like running races in Vermont...this one had a little bit of downhill, lots of time on a dirt road, and finished up on a path through a cornfield.
I'll be back with more fall soon! Here's a sneak peek at the foliage to tide you over :)
hahaha! i LOVE the tshirts! beautiful designs! :) can't wait to see more fall pics! and matt is a brave soul for getting in that cold water that day!
ReplyDeleteI want to be in Vermont in the Fall. Take lots of pictures for those of us stuck in the South....87 degrees here today, is Mother Nature nuts or what???? xoxoxoxoxo
ReplyDelete