Saturday was a beautiful day so we headed over to Shelburne Farms for their annual Harvest Festival.
We had the chance to eat some delicious food...
As well as see tons of really cool animals...
My favorite were these oxen. They are show oxen, not working ones. They were beautiful!
It's hard to tell how massive they really are. We received quite the education on them. Do you know how an ox is bred? I didn't. I'll share what we learned from the trainers. An ox can start as any breed of male cow (bull) or cattle. These pictured were born right on Shelburne Farms property. Anyway, when a bull is castrated it becomes what's known as a steer. What turns a steer into an ox is its ability to be trained and follow commands. They are amazing...they really do listen to commands - very impressive!
No visit is complete without a trip up Mt. Philo - Nicole was up for it!

Other than that fun, we also spent a lot of time relaxing at the lake looking at this view - it never gets old.
Look how cute they are!

It was a quick trip but so much fun! Come back soon...we miss you already!
xoxo
OH YEA - I'm still counting. If I include both Jackson and John's trip then the score is:
Travelers - 8
Airlines - 1
I have to add...my dad also just flew up and was 3 hours delayed. I'm not sure where to put that point so it's still up in the air.
What a fun weekend, John and Nicole, thanks for coming and so glad you squeaked in a visit before the season ended. Love you xoxoxoxoxo
ReplyDeleteI hope the camel made it to the harvest festival!!
ReplyDeletelooks like such a fun weekend!! very cute couple:) can't wait to meet her!
ReplyDelete