We had two things that held us up....
Floors - They finished yesterday. When they did the final coat last week, it turned out bubbled and gritty. Not a clue what happened but they fixed it.
Wood Countertops - After months of searching for IKEA butcherblock I finally decided that the ones I wanted weren't going to be in stock anytime soon (Beech Numerar). My mom and I searched around and came across some maple ones at Lumber Liquidators for almost as cheap that received great reviews. When they came in my builder told me the quality was so poor he wouldn't put them in. To make a long story short - we took them back and he's in the process of making some for us.
OK here we are as of yesterday :) I'm not going to do before and afters yet because we obviously have no furniture or decorations in at this point. I'll do it after we're more moved into the new rooms. I'll do some more detailed pics then too with better explanation.
Let's start outside - our window box!
Power washing is coming up this weekend....
Walking in the front door you see this view.
Our new den! We painted the fireplace the wall color and painted the inside black. If you're going to paint the inside then make sure you use heat safe paint (our painter sprayed on BBQ grill paint). More on what else is in there later :)
We haven't put in the shelves yet...
Kitchen! The only appliance we had to buy was a range. We bought a Frigidaire so it would match the other appliances that came with the house.
This is a very dark pic of our backsplash. It's really quite a bit lighter than this. It is a tumbled marble - almond beige I think.
A few other views...
Our temporary countertops :)
I will take pics of the bathroom and foyer to show you later. I need to work on a DIY post for each of those first before revealing the final product!
xoxo
Wow! This looks great. How long did everything take start to finish?
ReplyDeleteChels -- it is amazing!!! I am so jealous of your new kitchen.
ReplyDeleteIt looks SO great!!!
ReplyDeleteThe house looks wonderful! It has been a lot of work but worth it. Congratulations!
ReplyDeleteLooks so great!!!!!! I am in love!! Y'all did an amazing job, through all the blood, sweat, and many tears! Hehe. Love it and love y'all! Congratulations!! Xoxo Meg
ReplyDeleteLooks awesome! You did such a nice job:)
ReplyDeleteOh my word! You have made so much progress! It is looking amazing! I love watching it get done!
ReplyDelete