The packing phase began when this pulled up in front of our house.
I mentioned that we hired movers. Well, our movers weren't quite what I expected. We opened the door Friday to a woman named Lulu. Lulu? Are you here to help us move, you're sure? Turns out Lulu was an excellent director. She spent most of the morning "bossing" the 2 men she brought with her from her perch on a chair in the moving van. I was doubtful things would proceed quickly, but they packed our entire house in 3 hours. I loved her for it. I think she was happy with the result as well. She not only left an hour early, but also made out with 2 plastic Adirondack chairs and a bottle of vodka I was planning to throw away.
We spent the rest of the day cleaning and were finally ready to head out. Willow spent more of the day wondering where all the furniture went and worrying that she might get left behind.
Saturday morning the road trip began. We pulled out of town in a long caravan.
Matt drove the big guy.
My mom drove Matt's truck.
Willow and I brought up the rear.
We spent the majority of the day in this state.
Poor Willow, she's just so confused and anxious. She spent her first night in a hotel where we ordered pizza and watched NCAA. This is how she passed the time.
We're excited to finish the drive and pull up to our new house! More to come...
What a good first day. You all seem so happy and excited about your move. I think that is great!!...even though i am going to miss you both terribly. Thank you so much for your blog. Good luck on the next phase of moving in. Tell Katy hello and thank her for being such a good person and helper. Give Willow a big ole hug! Be safe....talk to you soon! :)
ReplyDeleteI just laughed SO hard at the picture of Willow in your car. Too funny...
ReplyDeleteYou were in such great spirits last night!! If you only knew then what was to come today...hahah:) It definitely is an adventure! Love you!