Haha he really has helped some BUT his goal is to try out all the resorts in this area before the end of the season. Hello - isn't it about time for things to get warm?! Snow, snow go away - it's almost EASTER.
One good thing about this house is that we never have to worry about knowing the temperature outside. Every room (I'm not kidding) has one of these hanging outside the window.
We do have to be careful though, because looks are deceiving. On the sunny side of the house you may find this reading...
Unfortunately, the real temperature was over on the shady side. Brrrr. This was around noon, after it warmed up! The low was 8 degrees last night!
It's OK because the cold weather has given us a good excuse to stay inside and decorate. Here are a few rooms before and after...
Living room before:

After:
Our bedroom before:
After:
Here are a few others...
Front Entry
Kitchen
We also have an awesome (DRY!) backyard. Willow spends a good portion of the day lying at the back door crying to go out. It wasn't quite fenced in all the way, but Mom and Matt fabricated a temporary solution so now Willow can go out back and chew sticks to her heart's content.
Even my birdhouse has a place in the new yard.
OK...just so you don't think everything is finished, I'm offering up a "before" photo of one of our bathrooms (Matt won't let me put the other one up because he has big plans for it). Don't expect to see any after photos anytime soon because I have a LONG way to go before I can get this one looking like I want. I'm open to suggestions.
Work for me is fun but VERY busy! Matt joins the work force again on Tuesday. My mom leaves tomorrow so we'll be on our own again in our NEW place...
Matt, how about giving the ladies a hand!! Your house looks great, the before and after pics do tell a story, however Matt does need to wash his truck! Oh well, i guess everyone has priorities! I'm glad you are all moved in and somewhat settled. I love your new home. Thanks to Katie for being such a good mom and helper. Can't wait to visit but i think i'm going to wait for spring which i think in Vermont is around July 4! Wonderful blog and thank you for the posts. Love you all...JB
ReplyDeleteChelsea! Your house is gorgeous! I love it and your decorating is great! You and your mom are hired when we buy a house :) I am now one of your readers :) Hahaha! Hope that all is well with you guys. Enjoy being in a new place with a new house, new job and no friends! It's kinda fun! Take care and tell Matt hello!
ReplyDeleteChels! It looks SO good! So weird seeing all your stuff in a different place, but it looks great.
ReplyDeleteIt looks AMAZING!!! I know I have to give most of the props to Chels & Mom, but Matt...I know you did some, too! Especially with the soon-to-be revealed bathroom:). I can't wait to see it all in person! Great, great job!
ReplyDeleteChelsea, Your mom forwarded this to me...loved reading it and wish you and Matt only the best. Your new home is adorable, but not surprising...truly a young woman of taste, following in your mothers footsteps. Loved reading this! Happy new home!!! Fondly, Ginna Cochran(Lburg '03 neighbor)
ReplyDeleteChels!!! You are too cute, and I am oh so impressed. I think if you ever decide OT is not for you, you have a future in interior design. I cannot wait to come visit. I am already lobbying for an August or September trip. (Yes, I did just invite myself). Miss you already, but I feel like I am there with you because of your blog. LOVE, Kate Sigler
ReplyDelete