I spent the day Friday painting (the bathroom!) while Matt went skiing. Friday night we had dinner here.

If you come visit us, this is where we'll go - it's amazing. The only catch is that there is always a wait, which is fine if you want to wait it out at the bar like we do, because it's a popular place!
Saturday we repeated our new weekend routine. Hiking Mt. Philo (Kate - I promise you could do it while wearing tennis shoes - and enjoy yourself!), lunch at the Old Brick Store, and spending some time watching Willow swim at the lake.
Saturday night we went here to enjoy the "Folk and Fondue Music Series." This is yet another delicious restaurant - a creperie where you can order crepes filled with just about anything you could imagine. The musical guests were interesting. One of the musicians played this instrument:

It's called a melodica. Ever heard of it? Me either so I looked it up. It's a keyboard you have to blow in to make it work. Anyway, it's actually the second new instrument I learned about this week. I really need to educate myself on all the unusual musical instruments out there. Did you see the digeridoo that accompanied Crystal on American Idol?

Sunday Matt went skiing and I worked in the yard. Does this sound like it's becoming a pattern? He has now skied 5 of the 8 resorts in this area. He's made it a lot closer to his goal (to ski them all this spring) than I thought he would.
Matt also has been enjoying his new (early) birthday present from his parents. It's one of these.

He loves it! This weekend when he wasn't skiing, he spent a lot of time doing this. I like it too but it's hard for me to sneak in a time when he isn't using it :)
We're working on planning some birthday fun for next weekend - the big 2-8!
matt stop going to the tanning bed...u are going to make chels jealous!
ReplyDeleteCan't wait to try Flatbread! MISS you both. Happy Birthday Matt!
ReplyDelete:) glad yall had a good weekend! i don't think i like the way the melodica looks. the tube kind of reminds me of one of dad's scopes! HA!
ReplyDeleteI love my personal shout out -- does this make me famous? I am currently on a fitness kick, so you might just convince me to do a hike when I visit (as long as it ends with drinks and dinner at Flatbread). Wish we were there this weekend to celebrate Matt's birthday. But I think we are going to try to meet Baby Peery. Will send you pics. Miss you all the time!
ReplyDelete