We flew in Thursday night after work and stayed with friends in Virginia. We made them drive us by our old house (sad). Unfortunately, I forgot our key so we weren't able to go inside and had to be satisfied with looking in the windows. Our yard has suffered in our absence - there are more weeds than flowers in the beds!
Friday we headed down to North Carolina and started the weekend with a lunch at Hooters (I'm not kidding). The boys each enjoyed a "big boy" with their meal.
Friday night we dressed up and headed to the rehearsal dinner. I actually bought this dress....OK I wasn't alone, I went with my mom...but I didn't have to depend on Meg to dress me! I found the necklace all on my own - I'm so proud.
There was a lot of toasting...
.jpg)
The bride and groom enjoyed a cake and chocolate covered strawberries...
We spent some quality time with our awesome friends!
We stayed at the after party until after all the shuttles left...I'm not sure I can explain the scene in our hotel room afterwards but we had fun.
Saturday was the wedding day! The boys hung out at the pool while we had a delicious lunch and did some shopping. Here are the girls all ready to go! (I have to admit, Meg did provide me with a dress for this night).
The reception was in the bride's backyard - it was amazing! Tents everywhere - plenty of delicious food and drinks and lots of fun decorations.
We had the chance to see so many people we love...
Family
Friends
The bride and groom of course!
We talked to each other a little too :)
We ended the night with another trip to Hooters...
And fun in the hotel lobby...
We were lucky enough to have smooth travels and returned home to a beautiful sunny day and a very happy puppy!
So fun!!! Glad yall had such a fun wkd with friends and family:) btw - the camo pattern on the table at hooter's is hysterical. And I can't believe yall visited hooter's more than once. Hahah.
ReplyDeleteGreat seeing yall this weekend!I became a follower. :) Hope to come up there soon and see yall. Have a great week!
ReplyDelete