
Did you get one of these? I did. So did Matt.
We're sitting here tonight watching the election results come in. All I have to say is, THANK GOODNESS it's almost over. The political ads around here have been over the top. Our television station broadcasts both Vermont and New York ads so we've received double the love. Here's a sample for you...
Matt and I knew about some of the candidates - well at least the ones that were running ads. I decided last night that I should probably look up information on exactly how many offices we would be voting for. WOW - Turns out we had to vote today on everything from Govenor to Auditor of Accounts. So I spent some time looking up information online about all these other candidates. The state puts out a Candidate Information Guide for voters. We found some pretty interesting things.
For example, one candidate was running under the "United State Marijuana" Party. Yep. This candidate stated that "Some Vermonters believe religious freedom should include a person’s choice to use marijuana in a religious setting, like some religions use wine."
Another candidate included only a few statements in her biography. Here are a few of them: "Solo mother of two, Genius. Self-educated in metaphysics, arts, music, history of money and corporate control, spirituality, healing. I almost never watch TV and have mastered addictions of all kinds."
This is the last one I'm going to include. Another bio statement. "No kids, and no snowmobile or 4-wheeler."
The only result we know right now is that Patrick Leahy, who is beloved in this state, has won for US Senator! Yipee!
too funny!!!! hahahaha. only in vermont would they get away with saying things like that. :) my favorite is "I almost never watch TV." haha! love you! proud of you for being such true vermonters!
ReplyDeleteHilarious! Those bios are SO Vermont.
ReplyDelete