Sunday, November 21, 2010

Thankful Day 5

The state of Virginia strikes again. This time it got my sister. I'd like to give someone at the income tax department a piece of my mind...if only they'd answer the phone...

http://thepennysaved.com/2008/03/12/tax-audit-survival-tax-man-cometh/

I'm still posting this under thankful because I wanted to give myself a challenge and think of a way to be thankful for this situation. I came up with 2 things.

1. Income taxes provide funding for schools. As a school employee, I know first-hand how bad things can get when school budgets are cut. SO - me and Meg paying income taxes to VA = helping children in school. I'm thankful for that.

2. Meg called me to complain about the bill she received. It's always nice when I get to talk to her and because it reminded me that I get to see her again in 3 days. I'm thankful for those things.

That's about it....and it was a stretch.

3 comments:

  1. Ha Ha ~ If they didn't want SOOO much $$$$$$ from you both it would be hilarious!! UG. xoxoxoxo mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. hahahaha - total stretch, but it was a good try! :) i'm just hoping and praying that we'll get it figured out so we don't end up owing them ANY money! but i'm thankful for seeing you in 2 days! love you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey! The same thing happened to me, but I got out of it. I sent it to my CPA and he took care of it. Maybe ask Walker?!?!!?

    ReplyDelete