
Matt and I attended our first volunteer orientation today and learned just how awesome it is! I'm going to copy and paste their "about us" description.
About Vermont Adaptive
With nearly 400 active volunteers, plus generous partners and sponsors, and an amazing base of clients and friends, Vermont Adaptive Ski & Sports has been at the forefront of sports and recreation for those with disabilities in New England for more than 20 years.
Our Mission - Vermont Adaptive Ski and Sports is committed to empowering individuals with disabilities. We promote independence and further equality through access and instruction to sports and recreational activities.
Our Vision – We believe sports and recreation provide a physical, mental and social experience that is immeasurable in promoting self-confidence and independence in an individual.
I'm so thankful that we have the time and skill necessary to be 2 of those volunteers. I'm glad we found something where we can share our love for skiing with those who otherwise wouldn't have the opportunity. Matt is also excited because he's going to learn how to guide people on a sit-ski and that he could have the opportunity to try it out himself :)
Don't know what that is? Check it out.
http://www.disabledsportseasternsierra.org/event20080317mono_madness3.html
Also check our their new promotional video - very cool.
WOW ! I'm impressed! The world is full of wonderful people. xoxoxoxoxo
ReplyDeletethat is SO COOL!!! so proud of yall for doing that. love you!
ReplyDelete