Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Meg!

So Meg came this weekend - so exciting! Even though she was delayed in getting here, we still squeezed in lots of fun time.

Friday night we went to dinner and then drinks so Meg could meet some of our new friends (and so she'd believe we have them as I haven't posted any pictures...I'll get on that sometime soon!).

Saturday I woke her up early so we could go skiing :) Yipee! I collected a bunch of gear for her to wear so she'd look cool. Thanks to my friend Katie for letting Meg borrow her very cute ski pants!




Doesn't she look great?




Meg was a little nervous because she hadn't skied since her last trip to visit us in Jackson....




She was a natural (maybe because she looked so cool) so no need to worry. Matt was impressed, which is really saying something :)




It snowed almost all day...










We were wiped out after that so cousin offered to come over and have dinner/enjoy the wood stove with us Saturday night. Sunday I cracked the whip and had her up early again for a hike up Mt. Philo and some neighborhood touring.

We both had our cameras out...










Meg got to eat some snow :)







We made a quick trip to see the lake house in the snow...still looking good!



It's hard to tell, but we're standing on frozen lake in these pictures! The bay out near our house was totally frozen and snow covered.










Water runs right up to that stone wall...




We didn't attempt to walk out on the main part of the lake....note the hole at the bottom of the picture.




On Sunday afternoon we took a road trip down to Quechee, VT...one of the cutest towns ever.




AND home to one of the most amazing places ever.




Simon Pearce has the most amazing glass pieces (as well as other things). I've been lucky enough to receive a few pieces as wedding/birthday gifts and I LOVE them! The building is located on a river at the edge of a waterfall, overlooking that covered bridge. It's so beautiful - almost doesn't seem real! They have a restaurant where you can eat and look out at the bridge and falls. Yum. Here's a view of the back.




And the entry.




The Gallery Store.




Excuse the through the glass pic, but thought you'd want to see the view. It's winter after all so the waterfall is frozen.




We wandered upstairs to the private event room....and came down drooling. BEAUTIFUL!




Even the bathroom entrance was cool.




The place is run by hydro power from the falls so we snuck down to take a peek.




HOWEVER, I've saved the best for last. They let you go down where they make all the glass and chit chat with the guys as they're working. So very cool to see how they do it! It's amazing how much skill it takes. No wonder each piece costs a small fortune....it's totally worth it :)







Glass starts like this...




And is then melted, blown, and molded into the final product.



















We loved watching...I was the annoying one asking all the questions and taking lots of pictures.




We didn't want to leave.







Oh yea, when we got back we took Nug to the dog park and Meg tried to catch her and take her stick. I love watching other people play that game. It's not so fun when I'm really trying to get her, but it is funny to watch someone else do it. Ha!



I was sad to see her go, but glad for her sake she got out before the big storm today! Pics of that to follow!

3 comments:

  1. so, so, so, so fun! and so fun to re-live it all through your pictures!! i had the BEST time, thanks to you and matt being amazing hosts! wish i was still there and can't wait for next time! love you so much!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. that place looks amazing!!! i love his work! meg you are a trooper for letting chels take all those solo shots of you! miss yall both!

    ReplyDelete