Saturday, April 23, 2011

Keeping It Real

Hello friends. Sorry for my lack of posts. I've been off all week so what have I been doing that's kept me so busy? Not much. I'll post on my project updates at some point, but let's just say they moved a lot more slowly than I hoped and were not quite as successful as I hoped. Ug.

I've had a few conversations lately about how blogs tend to show only positive things, making the life of the blogger seem more charmed than it actually is. I'm probably guilty of that. I only show you pictures and tell you about things I think you'd find interesting. I mean, who wants to hear me complain about how I probably have seasonal affective disorder since my body hasn't felt the warmth of the sun in 6 months?

After waking up to another morning of rain and cold, I had a pity party for myself this morning. Woe is me.

Anyway, just to keep it real, I'll share photos of what we've been living with the past week. Please excuse the poor quality because I haven't edited them. Due to the fact that it's raining out today I didn't have natural light to work with and haven't plugged in any lamps! (Oh and I'll spare you the picture of my cold sore..the first in years...ug - no one wants to see that. Was that too much information?)

We're painting our bedroom green. I love it.



That means our spare room looks like this. And I wonder why it's hard to find things. Like my camera to computer cord. Hence the lack of posts until today.



The kitchen still looks like this. At least we can still use it. They are coming to take the cabinets next week.



The den looks like this.



Note the drapes all over the floor. It's crazy how much better it feels without them but I think the room actually looks worse at this point than it did when we moved in.

Willow vomited on the carpet in the blue room.



Matt claimed to have scrubbed it as hard as he could yet the stain wouldn't come out. I can't talk because I didn't try myself. Matt later admitted that he's glad it stained because "it will encourage us to take carpet out as soon as possible." Like I need more motivation.

That's about it. I'll try to be a bit more upbeat next time :) My mom comes this week (hooray!) so things are looking up.

2 comments:

  1. Oh my.....I just had the best laugh!!! Thank you for that, I needed it. Just think how dramatic the before and after posts are gonna be!!! Been there, done that a zillion times. Keep the faith. I'll be there in five days although not sure how much I can do to remedy the house issues at this point. Eat some chocolate eggs and a few PEEPS...you'll feel better xoxoxox mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. And girl....just think abt how glorious those 80 degree August days are gonna be when I'm melting in my NINTH summer of the hellish GA heat. And poor Nuggie. What did she eat that stained the carpet so much?!?! Xoxo loveeeeee you!

    ReplyDelete