Friday, April 15, 2011

Kitchen Inspiration

When we thought about buying this house, part of the deal was making sure we could afford to do some renovating afterwards. The biggest thing on my list was the kitchen. Let me clarify before I start posting about the renovations, I have NO IDEA what I'm doing.

I'd never heard anything about the different styles of cabinets, custom vs. stock options, types of countertops, lighting, the "triangle" working area, AHHHH. I've found the decision making sometimes pushes me over the edge.

Anyway, my mom recommended I start by finding pictures of kitchens I liked and work from there. I typed "kitchen inspiration" into google and got started.









I'm sad to say I've been saving these forever and have no idea where I found them! Most I found as I said above on google images with searches like "kitchen inspiration," etc.

I also think it'd be really cool to have a chalkboard wall...that door is pretty amazing too.



After I spent a few weeks looking through the pics, I found a few similarities. Looks like I'm going with white kitchen cabinets and some type of dark/wood countertop :) I have been able to move forward from there and we actually have a design now - I'll share at some point. If you have any other great ideas be sure to send them my way!

4 comments:

  1. Have you heard about Pinterest? It's my new favorite obsession for organizing my inspiration images and with a house to remodel it might be a great thing for you - email me if you want me to send you an invite!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i love the chalkboard wall! or anything with chalkboard paint for that matter- you could even paint a backsplash. also check out http://www.barnlightelectric.com for barn lights. looks like so much fun!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You also seem to like hardwood floors, islands, and white backsplashes. I love all the inspiration photos!!! I saw a post about Pinterest on one of my blogs too, so that is a great idea.

    ReplyDelete
  4. ahhh, they're all amazing! and since i've already been privvy to the actual plans, i can say that your kitchen is going to be to.die.for! soon enough, somebody is going to tag YOUR kitchen for THEIR design inspiration! xoxo

    ReplyDelete