Hooray hooray! We ordered our kitchen cabinets last week!!! Here is a rough picture of what it's going to look like when standing in the dining room, with the exception of a few changes made last minute (the counter will cover the cabinetry on the peninsula too).
Ahhhh space. It's going to feel so good when that wall comes down.
Other than ordering the cabinets, we made our first kitchen purchases.
The hood - we had to have the dimensions so we could order the right sized cabinetry above it. I love it.
This clock - I bought it at IKEA (more on my trip to IKEA later).
The next step is to finalize the countertops.
I'm in love with soapstone. Who wouldn't love it? Just LOOK! (Found here.)
I'm also in love with butcher block countertops from IKEA. Check these out. I'd like to use those on the 2 separate countertops and soapstone around the sink, etc.
I also have to consider lighting. Who knew that so many decisions would need to be made?
I love the industrial look of these pendants from Barn Light Electric. I love almost anything from Barn Light Electric!
Or perhaps something like this? Too bad Matt thinks they look like restaurant heat lamps. Oh well.
Good thing we both love these pendants from Pottery Barn.....Check them out here.
I also love that chalkboard wall.
We have many decisions down, many more to go. I'm taking it one step at a time.







I LOVE the IKEA countertops. Love, love, love. And I might have to agree with Matt on the heat lamps:) but love the ones that you both like. Your kitchen is going to be AMAZING!!!!!
ReplyDeleteTake a look at the pendant lights at that lighting store in Burlington where we bought ours for the lake. Lots of choices there. Can't wait to see it. Dad
ReplyDeleteHey Chelsea, love all! I have the pottery barn lights in my kitchen and love them....however, they attract dust like no other and i feel like they always look dirty, will not do clear glass in my next kitchen because of that...food for thought...ginna
ReplyDeletecheck out http://www.shadesoflight.com/
ReplyDelete