Monday, April 18, 2011

Spring Break 2k11

It's my spring break this week. Woo hoo! My friend and co-worker is taking a trip to the Bahamas with her family and friends. I'll be here in Vermont all week scrubbing mold/mildew out of the basement while the forecast looks like this.



I should be thankful for my new house and time off of work - I know. It'd be nice to have the new house, somebody else to do the work, and a vacation in the Bahamas too right? Hehe.

OK on to the point of this post. My list. After I catch up on my Oprah on DVR, here are the things I want to do before I go back to work next week.

1. Finish stripping the wallpaper. The multiple layers of ugliness have to go.

As seen here



and here



it looks quite harmless. Don't let the white fool you. It's textured. I'll post better pictures later.

2. The bathroom. You've seen it.







A new coat of paint on the vanity, new hardware, and hopefully a new vanity top are all in the works.

3. The basement. Mold? Mildew? I've been told it doesn't matter, that it all needs to be treated the same. Lucky me. A post on that is coming.

4. Bonus things. Painting our bedroom (I'm hiring our neighbor at the lake who is an excellent painter because I most definitely am NOT). I'd like to finish cleaning up the yard too.

I will hopefully get the first 3 accomplished, if I can tear myself away from Pinterest long enough. I saw it first over on Young House Love, but felt like I already do enough stuff online. Then Amanda at Orchard Cove recommended it to me again and I felt like it was meant to be. I LOVE it!

Hope it feels like spring where you are. Can I come visit?

xo

2 comments:

  1. YES you can come visit. May 6-8. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. that sounds almost identical to a crazy spring break in key west or something!! wallpaper removal, a new bathroom vanity, and OPRAH!!! :) Hehehehe! actually it sounds more fun than key west... except for the sunshine they'd be having! xoxo

    ReplyDelete