So Week 2 is done and we're moving on to week 3. When I left off I think we were down to the studs.
Now the kitchen window is in.
The kitchen door is also in.
Annnnnd, the sheetrock is up!
It's starting to look more like a real room again!
Notice how the sheetrock has gaps between the different sheets and nail holes? I asked Matt how in the world they turn that into a regular wall. (No judging. I'm not experienced with construction.) That's where the "taper" comes in. He fills in those cracks and nail holes with mud and then tapes them off. He was here all weekend and here is how it looks now. Makes much more sense.
The electrical work upstairs (a new outlet so that Matt can plug in an air conditioner - ha! and pulling the cable cord through the attic so it comes out in the correct place in our bedroom) is finished. All the new electrical was inspected and our new panel box downstairs in the basement is in. Exciting right?
The biggest job of the week was installation of the hardwood floors in the dining and living room (and kitchen this morning). Exciting but yikes that means I really have to decide on the damn stain color. It has been quite stressful and I'll feel so much better when it's done! They are covered in pink protective paper so I'll wait to share the picture when that's off.
I think that's it! I have no idea what the plan is for this week other than lots of sanding (walls, floors, ug) but I'm really hoping for kitchen cabinets (am I dreaming? Week 3?).
xoxo
SUCH progress!!!! i can't believe it!! it's going to be over before you know it! :) looks SO awesome. xoxo
ReplyDeleteLoved catching up on all your blogs Chels! We missed them in Italy! Soon all the sheetrock and hardwood floor dust, leaking showers, tough choices and decisions will be a distant memory and you will be loving your new updated home. Ted is flying along, know you don't realize it but as an accomplished renovator I assure you, he is!! xoxoxoxox mom
ReplyDelete