Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Kitchen-less

You may wonder.....how does one live without a kitchen? It's not easy. My parents remodeled their house when I was in high school and lived there with no kitchen for NINE MONTHS. 2 adults. 3 teenagers. 1 dog. We're just 2 adults and 1 dog but I don't think I could do this for 9 months.

It helps a lot when you have a grill. Or one of these.



Or this.



Or this.



Do you see the stack of Styrofoam bowls and paper plates in the background (gasp!)? I am not a fan of paper or Styrofoam products and they are most certainly not the most "green" alternative, but when you wash dishes in a place like this you get desperate not to have too many.



So...this week and last we've eaten: grilled cheese and tomato soup (illustrated above), re-heated store bought quiche, salad with pre-cooked chicken, bean and cheese quesadillas, pancakes, turkey burgers and veggies, and steak with asparagus. Notice no pasta. I miss that the most. We don't have a hot pot - I wish!

Really, it doesn't matter what I make. When your husband comes in from doing things like this he doesn't care what he eats.



We've been kitchen-less for almost 3 weeks now. Not sure how many to go. I just hope they pass quickly.

2 comments:

  1. haha, the quesadilla maker is fantastic! i thought it was a roomba at first. have you made any breakfast quesadillas?

    ReplyDelete
  2. look at your hubby. why weren't you the one out there digging?! :) hahahaha!! xoxo

    ReplyDelete