Hello friends - thought I'd write a more positive post today. While my mom was here we worked hard on house projects. One big accomplishment was painting the guest room. It took 3 days because we had to paint the ceiling, walls, and trim. Yikes. At least it gave us something to do while it was raining outside.
A reminder of how it looked before...All the trim in this house is painted a creamy pinkish/yellow color and the walls that aren't covered in wallpaper are a faded creamy color as well. Ug. Is that a 50s thing or just an old house thing? I'm slowly working my way through and painting the trim a color called White Dove (by suggestion from my mother in law - I love it).
Here's my mom in the finished room :) - the only picture I took of her the whole trip - boo!
Still no pictures hung and the frames you see are the only ones I could find for now, but it looks better for sure.
We used the same color as in our house in VA - Wedgewood Gray by Benjamin Moore. We tried a different shade and it reminded me too much of Tar Heel blue! I like this one and I'm on decision overload with the rest of the house so I ended up going with something that already worked before. I think it's interesting how the same color can look so different depending on the room it's in....much more blue in our new room.
The sun is shining again today - hooray! I'm off to enjoy it while it's here.
It looks SO GOOD!!!!!!!!! Bee-utiful :) Can't wait to stay in there! Good job Mom & Chels!
ReplyDelete