Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Progress

We have made some progress on the house. Mom and I worked in the yard and removed almost all of those damn acorns as well as the leaves. We spent the last 3 days painting the guest room (I'll post pics soon). Matt scraped the outside windowsill (painfully) and re-painted and it looks great.

The carpet is up and the wood is here!



Oh I love it. It's 4 1/4" red oak. I'll post on my decision making process at some point.





It's currently resting in the house and accommodating to the temperature/humidity. That's why it's so important to get the basement under control.

The kitchen is out!







Hooray! It took 3 guys about 5 hours to get it all out. They took EVERYTHING. Including the kitchen sink. Hehe. No kidding - they took cabinets, counters, oven, stove, and hood. Whew. Then they gave me $500. Oh happy day.

This is all that's left.





My poor Mom. We have no kitchen. She was hoping to stay here a few days and then get out to the lake. I already told you about why we can't get to the lake. We're stuck with this as our new kitchen breakfast area.



What else?

Our room is painted. I like it. We still need to hang pictures, window treatments, etc. but here is a sneak peak.







Spring is finally starting to arrive.





Whew. We're making progress. One step at a time.

3 comments:

  1. Wow your bedroom looks great! Love the springy color and decorations - so nice to have a sanctuary when everything else is torn up! Can't wait to see the continued progress - you are a motivated bunch and are obviously moving quickly!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I recongize that small bookcase in the closet. Glad to see things have multiple lives. Doesn't it feel and smell better once you take out what you don't like. Can't wait to see your house in a couple of months. Dad

    ReplyDelete
  3. so much progress!! even in just a week or so! xoxo :) you'll love looking back at your posts come July and August when it is DONE! xoxo

    ReplyDelete