I cannot believe it has been well over 5 years since these were taken! Such fun times :)
Now 3 of our group are pregnant!
We are really growing up. I am beyond thrilled that these ladies are becoming new moms. We threw a girls reunion and baby shower for them this past weekend to celebrate. It was so amazing to have the chance to spend some time with my friends and their baby bellies! It is times like this that make me sad to live so far away because I would love to hold these babies in my own arms in their first days of life. Guess I'll have to find a way to make that happen in spite of the distance.
By the way girls - this is a pic that I can't wait to show your children someday :)
OK - back to the weekend celebration!
We all met in DC where Lizzie and Cabba were our gracious hostesses.
When we studied abroad in Italy, our favorite restaurant was called Aqua al Due. They have recently opened one in DC so Lizzie made dinner reservations for us on Friday night :)
Saturday on our way to Cabba's house in Alexandria from Lizzie's in DC we had a quick and unexpected tour. I need some props for my from the car photo taking skills :)
And we saw lots of reminders that we were in the city...
Saturday afternoon we had the shower :)
Cabba made these cute frames for the nurseries. We all signed a sheep with some words for the babies.
This was my contribution! A onesie clothesline that the ladies could take home with them.
The new mamas also took home some diapers :)
And we all enjoyed some delicious food!
We did some present opening.....
And hanging out....
Lizzie and I set up the self timer -
So we could get an updated group picture!
Yay for baby bellies!
We ended the evening by putting on our pyjamas and putting together baby presents - oh how times have changed :)
We also had the chance to see Lizzie's new house! Fingers crossed for her Friday!!
Thank you girls for such a great weekend! I miss you already!
xoxo




Random small world connection - I went to high school with Christy in MA :)
ReplyDeleteLooks like a fun group of ladies and a great shower!
Sarah looks wonderful, as expected. Love that girl!
ReplyDeleteWhat a beautiful group of wonderful young women ! You are all blessed to have one another in your lives. And BRAVO for keeping those friendships close. xoxoxoxo
ReplyDelete