Thursday, July 28, 2011

Construction Week 12 and a Few New Green Products

Hello friends. I just realized I haven't given a construction update since Week 7! I'm not trying to keep you in suspense - things have just been moving so slowly since that point that I haven't felt like a post would really show you much. Here we are at Week 12 and the construction process is almost done. We of course hit a few snags (what project doesn't?) with the wood countertops and the final floor coat. They're finishing up the floors tomorrow and I will post after that I promise :)

In the meantime, here are a few sneak peak pics.

Knobs and pulls :)





Soapstone soapstone soapstone! Oh I love it and can't wait to show you all of it.



Wall sconces :) Matt thinks they look like peacock tail feathers but I love them!



OK back to my green products.

I've been searching for a more "green" bug spray for a while. I recently came across an article on natural bug spray in Whole Living magazine. I think you can download the article here if you're interested.

Anyway, they gave a bunch of examples of natural plant-based repellents.



Badger! Love it - $12 for a bottle of Badger Anti-Bug Shake and Spray. We've been using it the past few weeks and it really does work. Matt is a harsh critic as he's pretty much a bug magnet. A warning...it still has a strong smell like most sprays do...a bit like citronella and lemongrass :) Go get one today.

Next up....sunscreen.

I am loving Alba Botanica's Mineral Sunscreen (for the face but I use it everywhere because evidently it won't clog pores - I'll take all the help I can get).



If you want a complete list of good sunscreens out there, you can find it here.

Happy Thursday!

xo

1 comment:

  1. house is definitely coming along!!!! looks SO good!! xoxo Meg

    ReplyDelete