Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Behemoth Jane

There's a dog in our neighborhood Matt calls "Behemoth Jane." He is terrified of her and claims Willow is too. He is so afraid that he avoids walking down her street. She's a Borzoi (also known as a Russian Wolfhound) and she looks like this:



Pretty innocent huh? According to the AKC, "the Borzoi is a quiet, sweet, intelligent, independent, moderately active dog. They are quite affectionate with people they know well. To stay fit, Borzoi need plenty of exercise. Take your Borzoi out for a bike ride or jog, but remember to have a firm grip on the leash, in case it chases a small fleeing creature." This dog is HUGE. Matt seems to thinks that, to her, Willow might qualify as a small, fleeing creature.

I teased Matt mercilessly about his fear of this dog. I thought, these dogs are probably sweet and she's just excited to see someone walking by. She's also fenced in her backyard! One day, I accompanied him on a walk past Behemoth Jane's house. She came running out, crazed, and proceeded to gnaw angrily at the top of the fence posts. At that time, she looked more like this:



Keep in mind, the fence is approximately 4 feet tall and she could easily jump over. Here it is after Jane's destruction:



The teasing stopped. I dare you to walk by and say you aren't scared.

4 comments:

  1. Ha ~ Mr. Boo could handle her, no problem....just wait til this summer Jane. xoxoxoox

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha I just laughed out loud in class (oops) reading about Matt's fear of Behemoth Jane!! I can hear him now...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think the mailman on our street thinks the same thing about Bosco! haha

    ReplyDelete
  4. this is so funny chels!!!!! miss you

    ReplyDelete