Friday we went skiing here.
The views from the top were amazing.
In this one you can see Stowe in the background. From Stowe to Smugglers' Notch isn't far in the summer, when the mountain pass between them is open. In the winter, it would take almost an hour to get around to the base of Stowe!
In this one you can see Mount Washington in the background - it's in New Hampshire!
I decided I love spring skiing.
1. It's cheaper (especially if you are a Vermont resident).
2. It's sunny and warm.
3. You get to see things like this.
We also had the chance to meet all of our neighbors this weekend! They were all outside hanging out in the street (like I said - good weather brings everyone out) so we walked over and introduced ourselves. We lucked up with our neighborhood, everyone is so nice and fun!
Friday night we met up with a friend from high school and her boyfriend. They live about an hour away and came to town for a concert so we joined them for dinner and the show. It was great for us to go out with someone besides each other :)
OK - Saturday was another beautiful day!
We hiked with Willow here.
A lot of other people had the same idea as us.
Here's the amazing view from the top.
They post a nice explanation of what you're seeing.
You can see the lake house in this one (almost). We headed there for the afternoon.
Well, first we stopped here for lunch. Yum.
I camped out here for the day to get some sun - I have to take advantage of it while it lasts up here!
Poor Matt had no chair - I forgot to bring an extra one and left my keys to the house at home. Oops.
Again, here's the view I never get tired of.
Saturday night we watched DUKE advance to the National Championship Game! Yay! I'm going to keep on listening to those fight songs on my Ipod - maybe it's good luck.

Sunday morning we went to church and were filled with the Easter spirit - for an hour and a half! Wow - not sure Matt will let me take that much ski time away from him when winter comes around again.
The Easter Bunny came and brought Willow a new toy. She was super excited. I don't think the picture quite captures it!
Monday morning, back to work. I hope you all have a great week!
PS - Thanks for all the comments - it's fun to know who is reading :)
Looks like a great weekend. You may do all the great things in one week. What will you do the rest of the summer? Go Duke!
ReplyDeleteI love it -- sounds like an amazing weekend and I cannot wait to come visit. Although, still not sure about that whole hiking thing. Remember, I don't do things that require boots. :)
ReplyDeleteLove you!
Well....sounds like the move has been everything you hoped for! Great!!! I am happy for you both and can't wait to come visit. I had the BEST time on my last visit to VT! Congrats on a successful transition.
ReplyDeleteah, what a great weekend. :) love all of the photos!! especially miss willow with her new easter toy! going to watch that video of her now...love you!
ReplyDeletewhere are your helmets....
ReplyDelete