Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Thankful

Thanksgiving is right around the corner (yikes in almost a week from now!) and this time of year always makes me consider all the things I'm thankful for (original I know). I loved this idea from Young House Love....check out this pic from their blog :)



It's such a cute way to share things you're thankful for. It won't work for me because I'm too lazy to make one of those cute little jars, Matt doesn't like to write stuff, and I'm already trying to de-clutter my house. SO I thought I share a few things on the blog for this next week instead - everything from the small everyday to the big things.

(By the way, If you don't read Young House Love...you should! It's one of my favorites and was the first blog I ever read. They have great ideas!)

So Day 1....this morning I went on a run with Willow. A small part of my day (30 mins maybe) but it made me grateful for all of the following:

1. I had Willow to run with me - it makes it so much more fun.

2. I was healthy enough to run.

3. The weatherman was wrong about the forecast today (surprise). He called for rain all day and it wasn't raining! I think I might have even seen a little sunshine peek through.

4. I didn't have to work today so I could actually run in the daylight hours. It's dark here in Vermont by about 4:40 now.

5. This song on my ipod. Sweet Serendipity by Lee DeWyze. I've loved him ever since his audition on Idol.

Image from Entertainment Weekly.com



Yes I voted for him - every week!

I'll be back with more :)

2 comments:

  1. this made me smile. i can think of something i'm thankful for!!! YOU! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Listening to that song (wow...great..I voted for him too!)made me realize how much joy YOUNGSTERS like you all bring into our lives on a daily basis(our children AND Matt, Duke Basketball (ha ha), GLEE for Dad (ha ha again), our children's friends, my nieces and nephews,etc etc etc. Ahhh, youth. Gotta love it. So I am THANKFUL for that today!!! xoxoxoxox mom

    ReplyDelete