Thursday, February 17, 2011

I've been running...

Did I tell y'all I'm training for a half marathon? Hence my need for all the cold weather running gear. It sure has been keeping me warm on our cold February days (except for today...it was 46!).

I'm running the Middlebury Maple Run - a half marathon - with my friend Katie. It will be my first half...the longest I've run before was a 10K!

Here is the race description - how very "Vermont".

The first half of the course is a loop--runners will come through Middlebury’s picturesque downtown and cross the Pulp Mill Covered Bridge (Vermont's oldest covered bridge) into Weybridge where they’ll pass UVM’s Morgan Horse Farm and eventually head back into Middlebury via Sheep Farm Road. The halfway point (and relay exchange zone) is on the beautiful and historic campus of Middlebury College. Runners will traverse the campus, pass by the start area at about Mile 8. The last 5 miles of the race are out-and-back on South Street Extension, a hard-packed dirt road.

As the saying goes, "Vermont Ain't Flat." The race is run on a 50/50 mix of paved and hard-packed dirt roads with several elevation changes—some long grades but nothing too steep. Runners will enjoy beautiful views of the Green and Adirondack Mountains and green pastures throughout the race.

Check out the cute logo - I'm a t-shirt nerd so this line was what first caught my eye....



Free, high-quality t-shirts with our signature eye-catching maple leaf logo are available for all runners.

On another running note, I'm also running in the Burlington City Marathon. No worries. I'm not running the whole thing alone. Cousin signed us up to run as a relay team (a group of 5).



I hope we have as much fun as this lady they feature on the website!

The best part of running in Burlington is that this will be our view for most of the race :)



Ahhh.

3 comments:

  1. AMAZING!!!! So proud of you for BOTH races. And they sound incredible. I want to be there to cheer you on for both of them! :) And I'm not thinking that warm weather is lasting for long, which I'm sure you're HAPPY about! love you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think I'm a little jealous. Darn that chronic Achilles tendon thing.... Ahhh well, there is always biking (in Italy....tough duty, right??) Nothing like VT to get you psyched about a run or two. Proud of you Chels! xoxoxoxox

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so proud of you!!! And know you can do it and will definitely look as excited as the webpage lady. Call me soon -- I miss you! xoxo

    ReplyDelete