Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Interior House Tour - "Before"

Hello friends! I have to apologize for the delay in pictures...I've had lots of requests but moving has really thrown me for a loop this time! We are loving the house and neighborhood so far, but we have a long way to go. We're going to be starting some major renovations on the kitchen/den so I've had to make a lot of decisions (let's face it - I'm not good at that so it's a hard process for me).

Anyway, here are some of the before pics. If there was a prize for authentic 1950s decor, I think we'd win. I apologize for the poor quality/angles, but I took them in a hurry when we were here looking and right before we moved in.

Here is what you see when you walk in the front door. You walk up about 5 steps (it's a tri-level, have I mentioned that?) to a main foyer. You can't see where I'm standing, but it's a small lower foyer with a slate floor and a coat closet.



If you walk up the stairs and turn around, this is what it looks like. Sorry, this pic is from when the previous owner was here...we don't have a grandfather clock :)



OK imagine you're back at the front door. Instead of heading up the stairs, you turn to the left as if you're walking to the garage (2 car - heaven for a VT winter). You see what I'm calling the "blue room." Again, this pic is from when the previous owner was here.



The blue room comes with a low ceiling and this lovely wallpaper.



One other bonus the blue room offers are doors like this. Aren't they pretty?



I have big plans for this room, but unfortunately they will have to be in Phase II of renovations (not sure when Phase II will start...2 years? 5?).

I won't show you the garage...it's pretty typical. Concrete floor. OH but it is painted purple. OK if you're in the blue room, you can access the full basement. Here it is (with the previous owner's stuff).

It's big.

It has a bathroom that I'll never use.

OK - pretend we walked back up to the main foyer. If you turn to your right, you see the den.



It's huge. It's in Phase I. Yipee! We are putting down hardwood floors (wish that carpet was covering up some lovely hardwoods but it's not). We are replacing that very inefficient bay window with a flat one. We're ripping off that wallpaper and taking down that mirror. I think we might keep the drapes as they match the ones in the dining room, what do you think?

If you turn to the left, you enter the dining room.



Same plan for this room as the den. So, the kitchen is off the dining room. I'm saving it for a separate post because I have a story to tell you about it.

Heading back to the main foyer (the hub of the house I guess), if you turn left instead of right, you head upstairs. This is a pic with the previous owner's furniture again.



You've already seen the black and pink themed bath that's off this hall. There are 2 other bedrooms that look like this.

Then the master bedroom.



Yes, it's a tri-level, so the windows are all high and short. I have plans for them, just wait and see :)

The master has an amazing walk-in closet - I can't believe it!



As well as a bathroom.



I didn't get a picture, but it has a shower stall and a blue toilet with a padded seat and multi-colored swirled lid. Matt won't use it so he's cramping my space over in the black and pink bath :) Something has to be done to remedy the situation...Although, I must say the psychedelic wallpaper is growing on me.

One last picture - the backyard! This isn't our furniture and the snow is all gone now, but you get the idea. It needs to be fenced for the nug.



OK that's it for now! I'll be back soon with the kitchen and some in progress moving pics - I promise!

4 comments:

  1. I love it! I see so much potential! Can't wait to see it in person!! YAY!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hooray!! Let the fun commence! I am feeling alot of nights at the lake house coming on! xoxoxoxoxo mom

    ReplyDelete
  3. hahaha the padded toilet seat just made me laugh out loud - just like herb's. He would love to come visit and use Matt's blue padded toilet. Love the house! I know y'all are having fun with it xo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Since your mom has been picking my brain about your kitchen reno i figured i needed to check out the new digs for myself! Love it and when you're done it's going to be fab!!! Looking forward to seeing the progress. Love your kitchen photos, very much what i want my next kitchen to look like (whenever that may be). Congratulations! (ps....Ashleigh and i are obsessed with your quiche recipe....made it last night, but Ash's is always better than mine....youth...enjoy spring break.....Ginna

    ReplyDelete