I'm actually going to start with the weekend before my fun girls trip because Meg was in town! She came for a Dartmouth admitted students weekend - I still can't believe she will be up here for good soon! Meg wasn't able to spend too much time in VT with all her new student socializing but we did take a few pics when we went shopping downtown...
It's growing...
Meg will be back in just 2 weekends for my baby shower - lucky me :)
OK - on to St. Simon's....
I have an amazing group of girlfriends from college and the 9 or so of us try to get together as often as we can. We all met last July in DC to celebrate the 3 babies that were due to arrive in the fall. I can't believe those babies are about 7 months old now!!! At that time, we decided to plan another trip for April - my requirement was that it be somewhere warm so we settled on St. Simon's Island where we had a place to stay! I'm so glad we planned it ahead of time so that most of us could make it. We missed you Sarah, Isabel, and Elizabeth!
I flew down on Thursday and arrived in Jacksonville a few hours ahead of everyone else. I took the time to drive the 20 minutes up to Amelia island and visit the beach.
You can drive on the beach there!
The downtown where I ate lunch and did some shopping was so cute!
After lunch I spent a little bit of time on the quiet part of the beach...I didn't stay long...my outfit was WAY too hot for the 80+ weather :)
If I lean over I can still see my feet...
When Cabba and Lizzie arrived, I picked them up in our awesome rental car and we headed to the house!
Ah. It was amazing.
The first night Lizzie, Cabba, and I stayed up waiting for the other girls to get in...We had an amazing sunset every night!
Friday we were super spoiled and spent the day at the Sea Island beach club.
I have a pic of a big pregnant belly in a tankini but I'm going to spare you that :) I think I scared the people on the beach enough!
Friday night we ate at home....and had our first photo shoot :) No group shot Friday night...we saved the timer action for Saturday.
I was feeling tan after a day on the beach but you sure can't tell in these pics. Oh well. At least it's still only 60 degree here in VT.
Lizzie perfected this pose by the end of the weekend...not a bad spot to practice.
I think this dress hides the bump a bit - it wasn't intentional! Thanks to my mom for sending me this from Target. Oh, Target. I miss it even more now that the only places I have to shop are Motherhood Maternity and expensive baby boutiques.
Hm. You don't want to know what happened to this poor alligator the following night. I'll just say he did lots of swimming...
OK back with more later!
xo!
You looks great, Chelsea! I love St. Simons. My family used to go to the Cloister every Thanksgiving. I spent many days in that pool!
ReplyDeleteNothing better than girlfriend trips!