Sunday, July 11, 2010

Fourth of July

Our last visitors had the shortest distance to travel, but it took them the longest to reach us! Our friends Southern in the City and husband (plus Bailey!) braved the holiday traffic from NYC to spend the weekend of the 4th of July with us. Their 5 hour drive turned into 10...oh my...but it was worth it in the end! It was a perfect weekend - sunny and 80 degrees both days, boat in the water, hamburgers on the grill, and lots of relaxing on the porch!

I tried to take lots of pics but missed some of the fun....check out Southern in the City's blog for all the other highlights!

The boys spent a few hours each day mountain biking - Matt's peer pressure finally worked and he convinced his city friend to buy a new bike :) The girls spent time at the lake in our bathing suits hanging out with the dogs.



In honor of the 4th of July holiday, I hung my mom's HUGE American flag...we thought we'd use it as a backdrop for some pics.





My cousin and friend joined us for the celebration...



The husband attempted to figure out our cow puzzle. I can proudly say that even after the attempts of all of our visitors, I'm still the only one to solve it!



I love this series. Cute Bailey couldn't resist the smell of the tasty burger meat on the counter...





Matt took some time to explain the septic system - the boys took it very seriously.



Sadly, I didn't have my camera with me for Bailey's first swim! Willow tried to show her the ropes and she was brave enough to venture in with a little coaxing. It was the cutest thing I've ever seen!

The boys went swimming as well :) Against my wishes, they jumped from the top platform of the stairs...Here they are afterwards.



Lastly, we took some beautiful sunset pics! Ahhh - one of my favorite parts of a lake weekend.





We were so excited to have you guys come visit - come again in the fall and experience another Vermont season! Can't wait to see you soon!

xoxo

1 comment:

  1. Thanks so much for having us. James, Bailey and I loved it and can't wait to come back. Hope you had a great weekend in VA!

    ReplyDelete