I started out with a trip to Target (who would've thought I'd miss it so much?)!
My mom and I did some shopping, played Mahjong (and I won a game!), and worked on a really cute DIY craft we saw on another blog. I'll have to post about the craft later because it's part of my sister's birthday surprise :)
I drove to our old stomping grounds to visit some friends, catching up on all that has changed since we left! I dropped by our old house while I was there. It's looking about the same as when we left it. The grass has died as well as the flowers that were in the window boxes when we moved 4 months ago....
I read 2 AWESOME books - would totally recommend both of them!


I was able to spend some quality time with my brother and my dad - it was great!
I went out to dinner a bunch at home as well. My parents and I had dinner at my in-laws house - yummy and great to see them! I met up with some friends that live in my hometown now for dinner out - great to see you guys too :)
Although I flew down to VA, I drove back with up with my mom...it took 12 hours and 20 minutes this time - not a record but not bad either! We saw some interesting things along the way that kept us entertained.
I wrapped up my vacation with a weekend at the lake with my parents, Matt and Willow! We had beautiful weather and so much fun...I'll post more of that later because right now I feel about as tired as Willow looks :)
It's back to work tomorrow...The heat has broken finally so I might be able to convince Matt to retire our AC for a few weeks!
can't wait to see the craft you've been working on!! :) and I'm sure the Nug was totally worn out after being so excited to see you! xoxo
ReplyDelete