Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Visitors Round 2 - Part I

We were lucky enough to have 3 friends from home come visit us after Meg left! I've known them since high school....Matt for way longer than that! We had an awesome week taking advantage of everything Vermont has to offer. There is so much to cover, I'm going to divide their trip into 2 posts! Given my role as the fabulous tour guide (right friends?) I did a much better job on their trip taking lots of pictures. Here you go....

Maegan arrived first, on the same day as Meg left...



Liz and Aaron flew in the next day - We started with a tour of Church Street, doing the tourist thing :)



Next we headed to the lake for a few days to escape the heat! Mom you will be excited to see that we made use of the fish bottle opener - probably a few more times than we should have :)



We spent LOTS of time relaxing on the porch and soaking in the view.



Everyone tried their best to conserve water, including using the outdoor shower, to avoid filling the septic tank. Here is Liz about to enjoy the Princeton spa experience.



"Talkin 'bout my beeesst friend." The boys were reunited at last. Here they are on their sunset kayak ride.



We rode the ferry over to Essex, NY...This is the same ferry we were stuck in front of a few days earlier :)





There was of course wine tasting at the Charlotte Village Winery. They also make delicious fruit wines here - the dry blueberry is my favorite!





Matt was able to break out of the office early to join us! Notice how I haven't mentioned my working at all? Ahhh....the summer life of a school OT.



We visited Montreal - only an hour and a half drive from us in VT! Maegan was really excited to use her new passport :) While we were there, everyone spoke to us in French. Luckily Liz speaks French so we didn't always have to reveal the fact that we were tourists, which made us feel cool. Ha!



In Montreal, we saw beautiful window boxes...



We also saw this car covered in fake grass...exciting stuff I know.



Don't worry, the fun didn't end there - be back soon with the rest of the week!

1 comment: