I must say I am ashamed of myself for taking ONLY ONE picture with her the entire time she was here. I WILL do better when she's here in August (and when my mom is back in a week). The truth is, she's a busy working girl (unlike some of us) and needed her rest. We had such a nice time relaxing time at the lake with my mom that I didn't even think to get out my camera. So here is our ONE pic from her trip.
I'll give you a quick run-down on some of our activities :)
We enjoyed a few beautiful sunny days! Lucky Meg they weren't too HOT (it's 95 here today - yikes!). On one of those days Meg assisted in fixing the doggie dock. The dogs don't have a good way to get in and out of the water around our dock so my mom lovingly built a doggie dock for them. Mr. Boo's favorite activity is now to stand on the doggie dock while chewing his sticks. He broke it the 2nd day.
Here's how it works....
She loves it!
We hung out with the grandparents...
Went antiquing and then had lunch here - too cute!
My mom taught us to play a new game and I'm hooked! It's so fun!

We had an adventure on the boat with my grandpa - we broke down in front of an oncoming ferry and had to paddle/then accept a tow from a sailboat in order to get out of the way - oops! A boat is not a bad place to be trapped while out on a hot sunny day though.
We ate dinner here...

We were out one day running and another dog bit Willow - Meg was quite traumatized by the event but Willow came out with only a small bite mark that's all healed up now.
We also ate cheese, drank wine, read, ate more cheese, talked, and ate cheese yet again. Yum - you can't live in Vermont and avoid eating and drinking :)
I was so sad to see her leave - I have the best sister anyone could dream of! I tried my best to convince her to just move here but she's a southerner at heart and I couldn't talk her into the long cold winters :)
Love you Meg! I can't wait for August!
:) My favorite post so far! Hehe, just kidding!! Love you Chels & Matt (and little Nugget). Had SO much fun! And YES, we have to be better about pictures in August. And maybe I'll even have a few ideas about potential a guest blog post by then........xoxoxo.
ReplyDeleteahh I want to learn how to play mahjong! Ryan's family plays all the time. It's huge in the Philippines. They play 4-5 nights a week and bet on it...It's their poker night.
ReplyDeleteMiss you!