If you think I'm not prepared to run in these conditions, you think wrong. I am married to a self-proclaimed gear junkie - it can't help but rub off a little. I used to think my friend Maegan was crazy for running during the winter out in Jackson, but now I'm wishing I'd figured out how nice it is earlier...
Thanks to Santa #1 and #2 I have lovely new running goodies :)
Very warm tights by Mizuno...

And Lululemon...

A capilene Patagonia baselayer...

The Lululemon Define Jacket...

Gloves/mittens and ear warmers (with headphone attachment!) by 180s.


And various other warm, cushioned socks and new running shoes :) I look pretty cool until I put on my reflective vest and headlamp for night running. HA!
I'm thinking when it gets REALLY cold I may need to up the gear and purchase a few new things to keep me warm.
Have you ever noticed how much mesh is on running shoes? I bet you would if you were running outside with temps in the teens. You can purchase "winter" running shoes, but I'm not going to go that far when I can purchase something like this instead. Toe caps? What a great idea!
I've also considered purchasing one of these for particularly frigid days. It even has a hole for the ponytail!

I'd be pretty scary looking, but warm for sure :)
You should have posted a picture of yourself in all your new gear!!!
ReplyDeleteYou won't see this girl running in the cold :)