Sunday, January 9, 2011

Dream House and Resolutions

Has everyone seen the HGTV Dream Home 2011 in Stowe? Yes please, I'll take it!



It's practically right in our backyard! It's amazing....go to the website and take the guided tour if you missed the TV special :) They also offer guided tours in person. I'm thinking a trip to Stowe is in my future. You can enter twice a day at HGTV.com and at FrontDoor.com but if you win I'm expecting an invite for a ski weekend!

On another note, I'm a little behind in making my resolutions...I've had a hard time thinking of something that I will actually be able to keep!

Last year, I resolved to "be more optimistic." Last January I had lots of good reasons to wonder about what our future would bring. We were facing a big move, selling a house, finding a new place to live, graduation from school, 2 new jobs, new friends...the list goes on. I was worried about all of it, and not always positive about the change it would bring.

In reflecting back, I think did try to remember to be more optimistic and it actually made a difference for me in all of that change! SO - I would say I met that resolution. Matt is the ultimate judge because he lives with me and listens the most, and he agrees that is was met :)

This year my resolution is to "be more thoughtful." I have many thoughtful people in my life. Three good examples are my mom, sister, and cousin...who often go over and above to do nice things for others. They practice random acts of kindness that could include anything from spontaneous gift-giving to posting blog comments to snail mailing articles that made them think of me. It makes me feel so good and I know that they spread this joy to everyone else as well. I want to try and do the same.

That's it. My resolution. Hold me to it!

2 comments:

  1. I really love the idea of making just ONE New Year's Resolution. More keep-able! And you made a great one at that but I already think you are most thoughtful in many ways...xoxoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree - I think you're very thoughtful already!! and btw - I loveeeeee the new background for the blog! It looks awesome! :) Love you!!! And I guess I'll invite you to my new house in Stowe, once I win it! I was thinking...how sad it would be if people who weren't skiers won it!

    ReplyDelete