Tuesday, January 11, 2011

New Skis

Nope. I'm not getting new skis, sadly. I had a request for a post on which skis I would buy if I were in the market. Keep in mind that I don't know much about skis having only owned 2 pair (and what I do know is filtered through Matt) so this is just what I would do. Here you go Isabel!

I ski on the K2 Seth Pistols....I still remember the day Matt talked me into buying them. They are rather disturbing looking and I was pretty hesitant. We had just moved to Jackson and I bought them there. I have LOVED them...Recently I've had to invest in some stickers to cover all the graphic parts so I can volunteer with the kids.





Seriously? Check out the gun. It's covered with a big fat Life is Good sticker now. I'm pretty sure I didn't pay what the price tag says. I'm too cheap for that.



Anyway, they're about 5 years old now and I would love some new girly, flowery ones that actually match my personality but I'd have to get another job and work full-time first. Not happening :)

A girl can dream though. I'm a fan of the wide skis so I would lean in that direction. After consulting with the gear junkie (who is a bit biased because he just bought himself a new pair of reverse camber Volkl skis - for another opinion on reverse camber, check here) I decided that if I were going to buy it would be.....

The Volkl Aura - These, I'm told, are more appropriate for an all mountain ski experience.



OR

The Volkl Kiku - I'd probably go with these. More geared towards skiing in powder and not especially practical for all around skiing in VT so if I were really buying I'd have to do a little more thinking on that but I'd be tempted based on the design alone :)



However, if you already did a demo day on the Aurora and loved them, I might go that route. I would try one of these others just to get a feel for something totally different, but those look like a great all-around ski (much better for groomed stuff).

Wow - they're all so much prettier than mine. I'm jealous! Enjoy your purchase!

3 comments:

  1. Just have to say, Matt Tedder even looks happy when he is JUST HOLDING YOUR SKIS, oh my, he is our diehard GEAR guy....love it, love it. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. i love the volkl kiku ones!! so pretty! :) xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. thanks chels! i tried the auras too and loved them. need to try the kiku. not sure if a purchase is in the near future but i'm always searching for that perfect pair.

    ReplyDelete