Wednesday, March 30, 2011

It's Ours!

It's official. We received the keys and this bottle of maple syrup today at the closing (a thank-you from the mortgage company).



We are the new proud owners of this 1950 something beauty :)

There are lots of things I love about our new house. I'll share my top 3:

1. LOCATION - I fell in love with our neighborhood long before we moved to Vermont. It's close to downtown but still has a quiet neighborhood feeling. It offers miles and miles of running surrounded by beautiful houses. It reminds me the most of Virginia of any neighborhood I've seen in VT.

2. SPACE - With over 2,000 square feet, the house has plenty of room for storage and living space! Willow also has a big backyard for running around.

3. POTENTIAL - We have so many big plans for this house. I mean big big. We met with the builder for the second time today. We have a long way to go, but we're excited to get started!

I'll get around to posting a full tour of pictures for you at some point. It might take me a while because I spent most of the day doing this and I have a lot more to accomplish :)



What's that room in the background you might ask? Why that is our black and pink themed bathroom of course.

We're officially living in chaos. Our rental house is mostly packed up, and we've barely scratched the surface of our new place. It'll be months and months before we're settled again and it's going to drive me nutty.

I'll leave you with a sneak peak of Matt in our new foyer. Do you spy a chandelier that needs to be replaced?

9 comments:

  1. Congrats to both of you - such an exciting new chapter :) We have a black and gray beauty of a bathroom in our rental with wonky wallpaper and light switch covers that say "Outen the Light." We like to think it's charming :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. So exciting!!! I can't wait to come visit!! I'm sure you wouldn't dare change that black a pink bathroom...what a beauty!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrat to you and Matt! That is very exciting and can't wait to see more pics!

    ReplyDelete
  4. YAY!!! New House!!! Can't wait to come visit - CONGRATS!

    ReplyDelete
  5. YAAAAYYYYYYY! So excited. Can't wait to see more pics! Love y'all!

    ReplyDelete
  6. yipee!!!!!!!!!!!!!! your blog is going to be packed with home improvement/renovations from here on out.... cant wait!!! this is going to be sooo much fun!!!! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  7. LOVE IT, LOVE IT! Can't wait to come visit ! What is with our family and the white houses with black shutters???? This makes #3! Wishing you many happy hours together....xoxoxox mom

    ReplyDelete
  8. We are very happy for you and proud. You two have done such a good job of making a life for yourselves in Vermont. Mom and I love fixing up old houses. We think you will too. Great location and looks like the house next door is pretty nice. Should be a great neighborhood. Love you. Dad

    ReplyDelete