Sunday, March 27, 2011

Weekend Update

Hello friends - Happy Monday! I hope you had a nice weekend. Ours was busy and I took very few pictures, but I'll update you anyway.

We spent a lot of time watching the NCAA tournament. I stayed up until midnight Thursday night to watch my DUKE team lose to the Arizona Wildcats. I can't blame the guys for lack of effort, but Arizona just lit it up the second half - it seemed like they didn't miss a shot or a rebound for all of those 20 minutes. I guess we will have to be satisfied with only one Championship in a row this go around :)

My fingers are crossed now that Kyrie decides to stick around next year...



We watched more basketball with friends on Friday night and at home on Saturday. Things didn't turn around until yesterday when I had the chance to see my alma mater (for grad school - according to Lizzie I can call it that) VCU win and UNC go down to Kentucky! Woo Hoo! It's terrible that seeing UNC lose makes me feel better but it does. Guess I should have had more school pride when filling out that bracket.

We also spent lots of time packing - our house is starting to look like it did when we moved in. Meg - does this make you feel better?



It was sunny all weekend, but cold. One good thing about the cold is that the snow will stick around for a while so we'll be skiing well into the spring. The bad thing about the cold is, well, it's cold. The weather people are calling for a "warm up" this week into the 40s. Those cute spring tops I bought in Atlanta will have to wait a few more weeks...

It might be officially spring but you wouldn't be able to tell up in the mountains.



We skinned up to this cute cabin on Saturday.



Apparently I really need to clean the lens on my iphone camera.



Back to packing...fingers crossed - we're supposed to close Wednesday!

3 comments:

  1. So proud of you! You are definitely making progress! Cannot believe you close on WEDNESDAY! Time is flying. Before you know it, that beautiful kitchen will be done and we'll be enjoying a later summer meal up there! Xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. WHAT !?!? Seems like I just helped you put that living room together girl~ oh well.. on to the next abode. I shudder to think how many times I have moved you and Meg in and out of different places....ALOT ! Glad you saved your boxes. xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats on the new house!!! The ski pics remind me of our unforgettable church ski trips where we busted trying to hit that big jump...actually we busted a dozen times, because like a bunch of crazies, we kept going back to it! i will have to send you that pic of us :) I can't believe we didn't hurt ourselves! Fun times!

    ReplyDelete