My first half marathon is finished! I ran the 13.1 miles in 1:55:19 (unofficially). I think I really ran about 1 minute faster than that :) Hooray!
It was such a fun day. Mom and Matt came down to cheer me on and a bunch of us ran....Here we are before the start.
What's that? You're wondering why I'm so pale? Remember that we live in Vermont and barely saw the sun for the month of April. More on the rain in a later post - ug.
And we're off!
The race was in Middlebury, which is such a beautiful place! About half of it was along dirt roads and the other half through the little town of Middlebury and Middlebury College.
Here we are right after the halfway point.
The end is in sight! I felt great for most of the race - I'm sure I'll be sore tomorrow....
So proud :)
We spotted some other neighbors/friends running as well....
An after picture.
We had a delicious pizza lunch with our cheering squads afterwards (I'm so sad I don't have a picture) and came home to enjoy the sunshine and 70 degree temps with the dogs.
Aren't they pretty?
What a happy day! I'll be back soon with a house update!
Yay Chelsea!!! You did SO unbelievably well. That time is impressive even for a seasoned racer! I'm so glad I got to run it with you :)
ReplyDeletexoxo
P.S. when's our next race??
Great job. I saw some of those Nunn athletic genes in action. Dad
ReplyDeleteI'm so proud of you!!!
ReplyDeleteYeaaaa Chels!! Way to kick butt in your first 1/2 marathon!!! So proud of you. And I laughed out loud when I read the pale comment. I'm not worried abt you getting a suntan, come June, July, and August :) I love the Nug and Mr. Boo!! xoxoxo
ReplyDelete