On the 23rd, we went to an engagement party for one of our best friends from high school. She's getting married this June in Phoenix!
I didn't bring my camera, so here are some of my stolen pics....
First, a picture of the ladies :) Most of our close group of girlfriends from high school were there plus the bride-to-be's sister and her brother's girlfriend.

Do you like my outfit? I love it, but I of course can't claim it. I called Meg the week before and begged her to bring me something cute. She raided her friend's closet to find that skirt. So a big thank you to Leigh!
Next a photo with our dates...

Feeling weird with no camera, I took a few photos with my iphone...
After the bride and groom-to-be opened gifts, we took the party down to the basement high school style.
Two of my friends are twins :) and the party was at their house...they thought it would be fun to pull out their old prom dresses and you can see what happened next.
We also thought it'd be fun to play flip cup. I can't remember how long it'd been before this since I've played (Maegan, I think your bachelorette?)....I was never very good at it (MOM that's because I never practiced...especially not in high school!) :)
I took a few other videos but they take too long to load so I'll end the party with this one. We had to sneak upstairs to get our coats, trying not to wake up the twins parents. It might seem like she's being quiet, but wish I had a video of how many times she ran into those bells :)
After Christmas I made a trip to see my friend Sarah.
Her husband Ned...
And of course the Sal.
I'd already seen some of her Christmas decorations via the Internet, but she really did a great job with this gorgeous tree too!
Before I left, I did a drive-by of our old house (and looked pretty creepy sticking my camera out the window of the car I'm sure). I thought I'd miss it....but all I could think at that moment was how glad I was not to still be paying that mortgage on top of our rent...
Our visit was waaaay too short. I miss you Sarah! I tried to convince her to visit me in VT soon but don't think she'd enjoy the 0 degree high, -19 low we're supposed to get this weekend so I'm going to have to wait until summer!
We also did some shopping/exploring out and about in my hometown while I was at home. I LOVE going home. It's so fun to see our families and now many of our friends live there as well. Plus, I just love how cute it is. It's not all that small (I think about the same size as Burlington), but it has that small town homey feel.
Downtown shopping...
Yep, that's my mom and Meg so I wasn't some weirdo taking pics of strangers :)
A cute new hotel downtown...
A children's museum...
I'm not going to show you my absolute favorite store in the world just yet...I will do an entire post dedicated to that a some point so you'll just have to wait in anticipation :)
I also did some visiting with one of Willow's friends...
And lunch with mine...
Finally, on our way up to Wintergreen for New Year's, my friend Kate and I stopped at this store. AH - look at all that stuff! I managed not to buy anything, but it's just so fun to look.
OK I think that wraps it up! I better go do some of my homework...yes, I have homework again - yikes! Have a great weekend :)
MAN, Willow's friend is one good looking fellow!!!
ReplyDeletexoxo
Let me guess....the Estate Specialist?!?!? :)
ReplyDeleteso fun!!! xoxo
ReplyDelete