Monday, January 24, 2011
I'd like you to meet my new best friend
It's a cordless heating pad/rice bag. I've been wanting to make one of these ever since I saw it on another blog I read but have been putting it off....Something about facing a forecast of lows in the -20s seemed to spur me on this weekend!
It's really easy to make, but you will need a sewing machine. I have my mom's old Singer that I LOVE at my house right now.
These are the only supplies you'll need (other than some tea to sprinkle in with the rice if you want it to smell good). After some minor drama getting the machine threaded, I was good to go and the project was a quick one! I'll let you follow the directions on Darby's blog if you want to make one - I followed them exactly.
Matt had some trouble dealing with the mess I made, but agreed it was worth it that night when I warmed my toes on my new best friend rather than on him :) (Yes I'm mean like that.)
We had a low-key weekend and it was great. I was out of the house 6 out of the 7 nights last week/weekend and I was exhausted! Plus it was so cold I didn't want to go anywhere.
We squeezed in a skin up Mt. Philo with Willow on Saturday...
It was a beautiful day (besides the fact that it was only 10 degrees or so). Willow was full of herself, barking as usual.
We tried to contain her. It didn't work for long.
There was lots of snow.
I think the lake is freezing over (hooray - I've never really seen it like that...at least not from our lake house). I wonder if the ferry is still running?
I will go take some up close pics this coming weekend of the frozen lake because I'm sure you'd like to see :)
xo
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Oh, it looks so beautiful but I know how biting cold it really is....flurries here right now. What a winter for everyone. Brrr....xoxoxo
ReplyDeleteI see a barking collar in the future. Dad
ReplyDeletepoor me i dont have a sewing machine and my back gets a beating at work...hint hint....and u have a new years resolution to live up to....
ReplyDeletehaha! i just laughed out loud at maegan's comment! if you're doing one for her....maybe it would be easy to just make two!?! can't wait to see you in the morning!! xoxo
ReplyDelete